Two common types of injury claims are Slip and Fall and Trip and Fall cases. The law refers to these as Premises liability legal actions.
A slip and fall liability case can be filed by a victim who is hurt because of the negligence or carelessness of someone else. Unfortunately, thousands of Georgia slip and fall accident victims are eligible to make these claims every year, after suffering injuries caused by property owners who failed to use reasonable care to warn of hazards or remove dangerous conditions from their property.
The following are some of the dangerous conditions that can cause injury and may be the basis for a premises liability claim:
- Standing puddles or spills of water
- Liquid substance spills
- Inadequate lighting
- Defective flooring
- Improperly secured mats
- Stairways, stairs or steps that were broken, unstable or slippery
- Hidden drop-offs
- Concealed holes or potholes
- A fall in a grocery store caused by a wet or greasy substance
- A crack or uneven sidewalk or walkway that caused a pedestrian to trip and fall
- Escalator or elevator malfunctions
- Other dangerous conditions
Property owners have an obligation to maintain their premises in a reasonable and safe manner. When grocery stores, restaurants, apartments and other businesses fail to properly protect visitors from slip and fall or trip and fall accidents, they can be held responsible for the damage caused by their negligence.
We represent people throughout the Atlanta area who have suffered a personal injury resulting from a slip and fall or trip and fall accident. We handle claims against individuals and businesses whose negligent property maintenance, failure to warn, failure to inspect or failure to repair has caused a personal injury.
Examples of businesses that may be subject to a slip and fall claim include:
- Grocery stores
- Retirement complexes
- Apartments or apartment complexes
- Commercial businesses
- Office buildings
- Stores and retail outlets
- All other commercial property owners
If you have been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident on commercial or residential property, we can help.
We handle personal injury claims involving all types of personal injuries, including:
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Arm and leg injuries
- Head trauma and brain damage
- wrongful death claims
Call us at 1-855-54INJURY to schedule a free appointment to discuss your case with one of our attorneys.